Would you know what to do if a fire started in your unit? Would your kids? Take the time now to review fire safety facts and tips so you and your family will be prepared in the eventof a fire emergency in your unit.
Of course, the best way to practicefire safety is to make sure a fire doesn’t break out in the first place. That means you should always beaware of potential hazards in your unit.
Start by keeping these tips in mind;
Electrical Appliances,Cords, Outlets
- Are your electrical appliances in good condition, without loose orfrayed cords or plugs?
- Are your outlets overloadedwith plugs from the TV, computer, video game system,and stereo?
- Are you overusing an extensioncord?
- Don’t run electrical wires underrugs
- Make sure lamps and nightlightsare not touching bedspreads,drapes, or other fabrics.
- Don’t leave cooking unattended
- Don’t let young children use kitchen appliancesby themselves